To any new readers who are visiting this site for the first time thanks to the Mail article, please do download the complete People's Manifesto by clicking on the 'download button' on the right of this post. If you agree broadly with the measures contained within it, then do get in touch with your local councillor and ask him or her to support it.
I think this coverage also presents a good opportunity to remind readers new and old of the response the Manifesto has received so far:
- An email from Council Leader, Clive McGregor, stating that the People's Manifesto is "essential reading for all us councillors"
- An email from Anglesey MP Albert Owen promising a full response shortly (to be published here as soon as it arrives)
- A full line-by-line response from Labour County Councillor for Holyhead Town, Cliff Everett
- A reply from Cllr Ieuan Williams of the Original Independents group promising to discuss the Manifesto at their next group meeting
- Over 65 downloads of the People's Manifesto since this Monday alone
All of these people should be congratulated for making the effort to get in touch swiftly and let us know their thoughts on the document. It is just as important to highlight those major council groups and elected representatives who have chosen not to engage openly with the Manifesto or the large number of Anglesey residents who helped produce it:
- Plaid Cymru
- The Menai Group
- Gareth Winston Roberts' "Anglesey Forward" Group
- And of course our AM, Ieuan Wyn Jones - his lack of response is especially curious considering he is the Leader of a party which prides itself on being "local champions" who will "stand up for the needs and aspirations of the people they have been elected to represent"...
Its not too late - we are still waiting to hear from you all...